Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

Treadlette Rebecca is a truly amazing seamstress. She has been at Treadle 19 years and also sews professionally as a theater costumer at the Opera. Her style is all about originality and glamour, whether making jeweled and feathered confections or everyday clothes that are anything but ordinary.


Rebecca started sewing in 4-H when she was 9. "My very first project was a reversible skirt."
Nowadays? "I really do like to make it all- clothes for me, costumes, doll clothes, tailored suits. I love wools and specialty fabrics."

One "specialty fabric" project of Rebecca's I personally loved was this pink feather skirt. Delightful!


Rebecca shared a few gorgeous doll dresses she recently made. I can see why she loves doll clothes! The small scale is the perfect canvas for experiments with fancy fabrics and new styles.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Rebecca has a fearless spirit when it comes to sewing. "Just do it! Don't be afraid to try - you'll learn from every project even if it doesn't turn out exactly how you think it will!"

No comments:

Post a Comment