Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

Today we are chatting with Treadlette Jennifer!


Jennifer has worked at Treadle part time off and on for the past 16 years. She is a bold, bright force of creative nature!

I asked her what particular fabrics or techniques inspire her. "I just plain love fabric…all fabric. I grew up with a sister who was a tailor and a sister who was a home economics teacher and a sister who loved fabric and sewing machines."

Her love of fabric certainly inspired this Liberty Lawn top - made a few years ago and shared here on our blog. This delicious fabric makes it so special!


Jennifer is into a lot more than apparel sewing, too. "I have been published in interweave press for purses that I designed and constructed, made the wood handles and bead embellished. I love embroidering and doing hand sewing; needle and thread is my favorite. I can sew clothes but I love fabric for all sorts of other things. I have made quilts, wall hangings, rugs, doll clothes, cushion covers, curtains……on and on."

Handwork is definitely one of Jennifer's strengths! Last week she shared this mixed-fiber-media baby blanket with us. The self-lined cotton lawn squares are joined with rows of crochet.


Jennifer shared her feelings on how sewing can be a deeply emotional part of our lives. "I am a woman in recovery and being creative is part of my recovery process. I think sewing and creating something is my form of meditation, it calms me down and lets me live in the moment.

"I love working at Treadle because it gives me the opportunity to work with the most amazing women I have ever known. My co-workers are so smart, creative, caring, authentic, and sincere. I am the luckiest woman I know." Thanks, Jennifer! We are certainly lucky to know you!

There's more Treadlette Tuesday, every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment