Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

Today we are chatting with Treadlette Nina. Hi Nina! Tell us about yourself!


"I have been sewing since I was around 10, but really started to like it when I was in junior high and high school. I have been at Treadle about 18 years. I like to make clothes for myself and baby clothes."

Nina has a fantastic, unique style and isn't afraid to try quirky elements or mix fabrics for fun effects. "I think of my clothing style as extension of my artistic practice, using color and pattern to express myself. Knits are a favorite fabric of mine currently, with the Moneta dress and Moneta/Wren mash-up being a staple garment in my closet."

Nina has a background in fine art and comes from a family of artists. Her work explores the use of fibers and the overlap between areas perceived as "art" vs. "craft."

"One of my favorite projects is a piece I did for my Junior Review at Augsburg. Lately I have been excited to do some surface design and paintings on fabric to turn into wearables."


Nina also teaches classes for kids and teens at Treadle. You can find her classes at our class schedule page.

There's more to come on Treadlette Tuesday, next week and every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment